When your business expands, the obvious question is “where.” No doubt you will have many options. A site survey will tell you, from a Labor, Employment and Employee Benefits perspective, which option is best. We commonly address the following issues:
- Proximity to union halls and unionized companies;
- Whether the area/industry is targeted by any unions, the AFL-CIO, or Change to Win;
- Any local union activity;
- Union organizing history;
- Local litigation and administrative hearing statistics, e.g., discrimination claims, wage and hour claims, unfair labor practice charges; and
- Appropriate labor pools, e.g. skills, compensation expectations, diversity.