Robert G. Brody
Robert G. Brody is the founding member of Brody and Associates, LLC, a Labor and Employment Law firm which represents management, founded in 1997. Before founding Brody and Associates, Bob was a Managing Partner for one of the largest Management Labor and Employment law firms in the United States, Jackson Lewis.
Bob was born in New York, New York. He graduated Magna Cum Laude with honors in Economics from Kenyon College in Ohio in 1979. In 1982, he graduated in the top third of his class from Vanderbilt University School of Law in Nashville, Tennessee. He is licensed to practice law in Connecticut, New York, Michigan and Illinois, as well as admitted to nine United States District and Circuit Courts. Bob is an AV rated lawyer, which is the highest rating awarded by Martindale-Hubbell, a national directory of attorneys. The “AV” rating represents “Very high to preeminent” status, and is awarded based upon peer review.
Bob has been in private practice for over thirty years. He has represented both public and private sector entities across the United States. He works in all industries and with companies that are leaders in their own industry, as well as with developing companies. In addition to providing daily counsel to management on Labor and Employment issues, such as the ADA, FMLA, workplace violence and alternative dispute initiatives, Bob represents employers before Federal, State and Local civil rights agencies and in court.
Among the clients that have asked Bob to be their counsel are one of the largest fast food chains in the world, the world’s largest picture moulding manufacturer and distributor, a leading women’s fashion design house, one of the largest petroleum companies in the world, a tier one parts supplier to the Japanese auto industry, a management company representing world renowned entertainers, multi-billion dollar utilities, and many more.
Some of the interesting cases Bob has handled include:
- Successful settlement of a multimillion-dollar Federal age discrimination case in Chicago;
- Defeats of union drives in California, Michigan, New York, Ohio, and West Virginia;
- Successful Summary Judgment dismissal of a sex discrimination case;
- Successful negotiation for and implementation of a nation-wide voluntary settlement of a federal wage and hour issue;
- Successful enforcement of a covenant-not-to-compete in New Jersey state court and successful defense against enforcement of a covenant not to compete in Connecticut federal court;
- Successful collective bargaining negotiations for a major utility and New York City hotel, as well as successful disposition of numerous grievances and arbitrations;
- Counsel during a 10 day strike during which the Company never missed any shipments to customers and which resulted in the company returning to union-free status; and
- Dismissal of numerous State and Federal Wage and Hour, Civil Rights and Department of Labor administrative matters in at least ten different states.
Bob presents seminars nationally and locally on Labor and Employment Law and related topics. He has been quoted and published in national publications and appears as a guest T.V. commentator on contemporary Labor and Employment issues. Bob is a contributor to some of the leading treatises in his field, including How Arbitration Works, The Developing Labor Law, and Employment Discrimination Law. Bob has also had numerous labor and employment law articles published on the Internet and in periodicals.
Bob is very active with charitable endeavors. He is the former Volunteer Chairman of the Board of the Stamford Chapter of the American Red Cross. He also sat on the board of directors of Temple Israel in Westport, Connecticut, and was an officer there. Bob and his law firm act as Labor and Employment Counsel for these charities as well as the Rainforest Alliance and the Darien Chapter of the American Red Cross.
To contact Bob, please email him at email@example.com, or call him at 203-454-0560.