Employment Law Resource Center
Welcome to the Employment Law Resource Center – your home for free employment law information.
As an employer, you are responsible for complying with hundreds of rules and regulations while also delivering your products and services to your customers. The costs for non-compliance can be enormous as plaintiffs’ lawyers and government agencies search out violations. You don’t have to do it alone.
At Brody and Associates, we believe a proactive approach is your best defense. That’s why we work with clients to identify and solve problems. Often, employers violate the law out of innocent ignorance rather than bad intent. Learning to ask the right questions is more than half the battle. We invite you to explore this Employment Law Resource Center to learn more about your legal obligations. We encourage you to work with counsel to identify and correct any issues before a government audit or a lawsuit threatens your business.
Brody and Associates stands ready to guide you, should you need assistance. We regularly assist employers with HR audits, handbooks, training programs, and more. If we can be of assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 203.965.0560.
Articles Every Employer Should Read
- Does Your Employee Handbook Work For You or Against You?
- The Two Questions You Should Ask Before Making Any Employment Decision
- Why Even Good Employers Need to Examine Their Pay Practices — Now
- Why You May Need EPLI (Employment Practices Liability Insurance) and What to Look For When Buying EPLI
- New FMLA Poster and Forms
- New I-9 Form
- New Fair Credit Reporting Act Notice
- Social Media and Your Workplace
- HR Audits
- Connecticut Paid Sick Leave Law
Key State Statues
- New York’s Wage Theft Prevention Act (summary, full text)
- Connecticut Paid Sick Leave Law (full text, analysis)
Key Federal Agencies
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Internal Revenue Service
- National Labor Relations Board
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- United States Department of Labor
Key Federal Statutes
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Fair Labor Standards Act
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act
- National Labor Relations Act
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Occupational Safety and Health Act
- Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act
- Worker Adjustment Retraining and Notification Act